8.27.2009

Songs of Summer

Frankly, twasn't my favourite summer of life... but that's what fantastic summertime tunes are for! A million minutes spent on the subway, even more minutes of non-job-itudinal time to surf the interwebs, and a splendid Lolla made for many great songs discovered and enjoyed. Here are a few I lurved this summer, and will probably listen to past Labor Day...

Pony Pony Run Run - Hey You
I posted this one before, moons ago, but I'm still not over it, making it possibly/probably my fave song of the summer.

The xx - Crystalised
Runner up. Can't stop listening to it.

fun. - All The Pretty Girls
Really, I only learned of this song yesterday, but it's quickly climbing my most played list and is sure to brighten these last days of summer.

Free Energy - Dream City
la la la, sigh.

MGMT - Hot Love Drama
Princey. And kinda Leona Lewisy. I like.

Harlem Shakes - Y Control (YYYs cover)
Has creeped its way past the original in my order of liking.

Jaydiohead - Song and Cry
A tad depressing, yes, but sometimes life makes you sad and you need to wallow. Also, it's quite a genius mashup.

Discovery - Carby (ft. Ezra Koenig)
Best song from this supergroup of dreams.

Arcade Fire - Wake Up (Where The Wild Things Are)
Spent a good part of the summer watching this trailer over and over, waiting for summer to be done with so I can watch this movie over and over.

Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
Summerest of songs, ever.

The End. Bring on the end of summertime, Danny.

0 comments:

Post a Comment