8.17.2009

PSA!

You guys! Wear your seat belts!
In taxis, too!
Especially in taxis!
Here's why:

















See? I was in that cab. Not the yeller one. The other one. And it crashed, and the airbags came out, and I hit my leg on the plastic thingie between the seats, and now I have a boo-boo.
And we had to go to the hospital (Bellevue - am I the only one who thought that was just a mental hospital? When they said that's where we were going I was like "nooo, I'm not crazy! there WAS an accident!!." But actually it has a big ER and stuff, too). Anyway we went there and I got to ride in an ambulance (!) which was wayy exciting, and the EMTs were very very nice. But the ER staff was not, because they have stressful jobs or summat. Psh.

Anyway, they stuck me in pediatrics because I am only 22, which is a terribly young age. But that was actually a bad thing because I had to fight with adorable children for attention, and, though I was wearing my spider-leg eyelashes, no amount of batting can compete with a 4 year old with a cough. I was supposed to get a tetnis shot (because of the boo-boo), but then after 3 and a half hours I was booooored so I was all "laaaate." And here we are.

So let this be a lesson to you all: Wear your seat belts in cabs, or else you too might have to go to the hospital and deal with mildly unpleasant staff, and spend 3 hours trying to find the trombone in the tree in the Highlights magazine. Which is pretty fun, but still.

Are you all going to wear seat belts in taxis now? Promise?
Good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment