6.07.2009

A playlist for the bo(red)

I am home, where things are uneventful. So while I eat ice-pops and clean out my gmail inbox, it's nice to have some songs to keep me connected to the world outside my house. I invite you into this world, below:

Grauzone - Eisbär
Ping Wen and I heard this song on our last Painted (Lady) Bird thrifting expedition. When I asked who was playing, the painted lady described it to us as "German" and "80s", as if those very qualities weren't what piqued my interest. My favorite things with my favorite person in my favorite store.

Neon Indian - Deadbeat Summer
This is what I would have named my band, had I one. And this is what my first single would've been, to describe my current state.

Ra Ra Riot - Hounds of Love (Kate Bush cover)
I am not much of a Kate Bush fan. But Ra Ra Rioted, and I love it.

Magistrates - Heartbreak
When oh when will this album come out??

Mr. Hudson - Supernova ft. Kanye West
Doesn't Mr. Hudson sound like it should be Alien Baldy's real name?

Harlem Shakes - Sunlight
There is actually a fault-line that goes through Harlem, so it could, in fact, shake.

Phoenix - Long Distance Call (Sebastian Tellier remix)
I haven't heard the non-remix, but this calms me.

And, there you have it. Consider yourself entertained.

2 comments:

RS said...

Okay, our ESP (everyone, see 'Lost' recap post) is just getting pathetic.

SP said...

is this, too, YOUR exact bo(red) playlist? that's rich!

Post a Comment