4.20.2009

Pull Up the Covers: 'When it rains, it pours' Edition

Back when I'd deluded myself into believing that I was able to accurately critique music, with no bias toward my penchant for the silly and extreme, I had a recurring series of posts entitled... well, look above. I figured that the best way to get back into the swing of things, song cover-wise, was to just let 'er rip! Enjoy...




Bat for Lashes -- "Use Somebody" (Kings of Leon)
...BfL has the best covers! Between her Primal Scream cover (it's on Radio1, go check it out... I'll wait...) and this KoL ditty, you can tell she not only really knows her music -- she's got good taste, too.

Noel Gallagher -- "Wonderwall" (Ryan Adams' cover of Oasis)
...this little treat is like a box in a box in a box. Then again, only a Gallagher brother would be so self-involved as to take one of the highest forms of flattery - imitation, that is (as I'm unaware of any current wax statues done in his/their likeness) - and then copy THAT.

Little Boots -- "Day N Nite" (Kid Cudi)
...I loveloveloveLOVE when people do whimsical little covers of hip hop songs! For other such gems, see Madison's cover of Little Wayne's "Lollipop".

Dizzee Rascal -- "That's Not My Name" (Ting Tings)
...it's just nice to go into one of Dizzee's songs having the slightest semblance of an idea as to what he's saying. Really, I suppose, I should be thanking the Ting Tings for more or less giving me an advanced copy to (some of) these lyrics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment