7.07.2009

On the Line

A Cinderella story: The High Line was once-upon-a-not-so-long-ago an elevated railway in NYC whose lawn had not been mowed in years and had dead bodies hidden in it from episodes of Law and Order SVU. The C of NY was all going to tear it down, but then some hipster scramblers and artistety types rich people from around town thought better to convert it into their very own Promenade plantée.


As a lover of green roofs (and concrete and steel...), I was guaranteed to love The High Line; this project reminded me why I like what I do. Unfortunately for you, I do engineering and not photography, so I took some very stale pictures of the beams and bolts for you to enjoy. But I did have the decency to steal the nice picture above from someone else for you to enjoy more.

1 comments:

Amy said...

why'd you delete these from my camera? :(

Post a Comment